How to fix Flash with RGBA

After I installed RGBA support for GTK+ on Ubuntu, Flash in websites showed up as a blank! Well here’s the fix, if you find it useful do comment!

I’ve tested two browsers, which were Firefox and Google Chrome. When I run Firefox from the terminal the line outputted from the RGBA module(which looks like “progname=blabla RGBA=on”) had <unknown> as the progname, and with Chrome it was ‘exe’. All I had to do is to edit ~/.profile file(append if you have other entries).

export GTK_MODULES=rgba
export GTK_RGBA_APPS="allbut:firefox-bin:gnome-mplayer:totem:soffice:<unknown>:exe"

Easy.

Advertisements